Thursday, July 8, 2010

Will Taper For Wine

With Vineman 70.3 a little over a week away, it's time to taper. I want to show up in Sonoma with fresh legs, so it time to do less and less. I finished off the weekend with my last 60 miler ride on Saturday, followed by hill work/bridge repeats on Sunday. Monday was a 30 minute pool session, Tuesday a 10K run at moderately strong pace; Wednesday, weight training with our trainer; and today, a 5K treadmill speed workout. I'll be shortening the workouts even more so this weekend and next.

I dropped my bike at a Miami bike shop on Monday for transport out to the race site. Thus, I'm bikeless until race weekend. Perhaps I'll borrow my wife's bike during the weekend for a short easy ride, or go to our friend Dorota's spin class on Monday. You know, just to keep the "bike legs" feel. With the Tour de France on, I don't know whether it makes me want to ride more or less. All those crashes this week reinforces my desire to ride either solo or in small groups. Scary stuff. Then again, nothing inspires me to ride more than seeing the pros go at it during the Tour. I'm hoping Lance can chip away to the leaders during the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I'm starting to research wineries in Sonoma County for our 2 days of wine touring after Vineman on Sunday, 7/18. Wine touring is one of the main reasons we chose this event. Suggested wineries anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment